I spend one week on LCC in a fifteen week cataloging course required
of all M.L.S. students. For exercises and exams, I have created a
twenty-seven page extract from Class Z and also provide a few
instruction sheets from SCM: Shelflisting. I feel this gives students
a basic understanding of LCC's structure and application. It also
prepares them from a fuller treatment of LCC in advanced cataloging,
where I use ClassWeb.

James Maccaferri
Associate Professor
Clarion University of Pennsylvania