-----Original Message-----
From: Discussion List for issues related to cataloging & metadata
education & training [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Allyson
Carlyle
Sent: Thursday, November 29, 2007 8:48 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [eduCAT] LCC

Whenever anyone here doesn't teach LCC they get complaints from
students, who feel as if they are leaving school missing something.  So
we just do a breeze through the last week of class.  We teach our
beginning cataloging class as a catalog appreciation class, really, or
that is how I see it, so I am not so worried that they don't get the
full flavor of it.

We work with H, which that is the schedule we have lots of copies of.
We just say that H has many of the features of the other schedules.
When I teach it I sometimes introduce the P schedule or talk about the G
schedule to demonstrate the multiple ways in which LCC can organize, and
the multiple meanings that the class/Cutter numbers can have.

And, to tell you the truth, I don't think WebDewey is manageable at ALL,
so I cringe when I get there (although I love teaching it in the
abstract).  But maybe you have found a good way to teach it?