-----Original Message-----
From: Discussion List for issues related to cataloging & metadata
education & training [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Suzanne
Stauffer
Sent: Thursday, November 29, 2007 8:56 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [eduCAT] LCC

A question I've been meaning to post for ages -- how do people teach LCC
in their introductory course? Or do you? DDC is at least manageable, but
LCC! We could spend the entire semester just working on that. I hate to
not at least expose the students to it, but since most of the students
are not going to be full-time catalogers and most will be working in
school or public libraries, at times I wonder if the time wouldn't be
better spent going into greater depth on authority control, DDC, or
LCSH.

Your thoughts, experiences, suggestions?
Suzanne M. Stauffer, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
School of Library and Information Science Louisiana State University
275 Coates Hall
Baton Rouge, LA 70803
(225)578-1461
Fax: (225)578-4581