I wonder if others see a need for a MODS element to hold information that a resource is not yet available (similar to the MARC 263 element -- Projected Publication Date)?

The need I see involves citations for faculty publications that appear in our digital repository. Sometimes faculty want a minimal citation in the repository before the actual details of the publication are known. Having a MODS element that indicates the provisional nature of the citation seems useful for tracking and other administrative tasks.

The originInfo/dateOther element can be used, of course, but is there is a general need for an element that merits defining a new type of date ("dateToBeIssued" or similar)?

Joe Altimus
Arizona State University Libraries