I'm not certain that this is entirely parallel, but here goes:  I
just scanned the 47 name authority files received so far in 2007 for
"ebrary" and "netlibrary" (case-insensitive).  The only record I find
is no2007088509, which is for ebrary, Inc. itself, not a citation of
a title available via ebrary.

Happy to scan earlier files, or for other text, if you can think of
anything useful.

At 10:57 AM 11/30/2007, Mark Scharff wrote:
>Pardon me if this has gone by before.  Is there a consensus about
>how to cite information from a book being viewed through Google
>Books?  Is there any reason to specify that mode of use, as opposed
>to giving the citation as though the book was in hand?  I can't
>think of one, but opinions welcome.

Gary L. Strawn, Authorities Librarian, etc.
Northwestern University Library, 1970 Campus Drive, Evanston IL 60208-2300
e-mail: [log in to unmask]   voice: 847/491-2788   fax: 847/491-8306
Forsan et haec olim meminisse iuvabit.          BatchCat version: 2006.51.826