Mark,

I don't know if there is a consensus, but I recently did the following:

670 [citation book title], accessed via Google Books, [date of search] :
|b (data found)

I don't know that there is a compelling reason to cite it that way as
opposed to acting as if the book were in hand, but it does document your
source.

Dorothy Auyong

Principal Rare Book Cataloger

Huntington Library