> 670 [citation book title], accessed via Google Books, [date of search] :
> |b (data found)

I've used this type of citation for a number of records, but agree with Dorothy,

> I don't know that there is a compelling reason to cite it that way

I guess there is the chance that by citing the method of viewing the item (scanned image versus print version) that it could explain to some future cataloger how you missed some information in the printed version - - because it wasn't scanned into the electronic one.  This is likely an infrequent occurrence.  That said, the effort to include the method of viewing the item that I for some reason think it's still worth retaining in the citation.  Perhaps it's just that I'm old?

Daniel

--

Daniel CannCasciato