Does anybody have reservations about applying <origination> at the
folder/file/item level in container lists? That is, is anyone reserving its
use for higher level collection co-creators at perhaps the series or
subseries level within container lists? When I search the archives I find
examples of use at the lower level but without questioning if this is
appropriate use of the origination element.

The OAC Best Practice Guidelines (as just one example) , seems ambiguous to
me - does it suggest that creators such as photographers should be stated
using <origination> at the item level?

Mandatory if the creator(s) or collector(s) at the level being described is
different than defined at the <archdesc> or in a parent level. Use one or
more <origination> tags as necessary.
(OAC Guidelines -
<http://www.cdlib.org/inside/diglib/guidelines/bpgead/bpgead_4c.html#d0e2020>)

Thanks for any thoughts.

John Bewley
Music Library
University at Buffalo, The State University of New York
716 645-2924