It is probably bad protocol to answer your own message on a mailing
list, but...

I received a very generous answer to my question from the author
mentioned below.

His immediate response was to modify his tool so if one drops more
than one file on the program box, it will write MD5 files for all
files dropped to the same folder as the original files. Very cool and
THANKS, Daniel!

http://software.drnaylor.co.uk/md5/

Cheers,

Richard