I have recently acquired a tape that is identified as "Alan Hovhaness
'Birthday Concert'," recorded in Seattle March 18, 1984. According to
the concert program in the box, the concert included the World
Premieres of his Opus 367 Sonata for Piano "On the Long Total Eclipse
of the Moon, July 6, 1982," and "Invocations to Vahaken", Opus 54,
No. 1 (1945) for piano and percussion, along with performances of
three other pieces.

This is completely out of my area of expertise. Is this tape a copy
of a widely available recording, or is it of interest to Hovhaness
scholars (or perhaps both)? Is there a Hovhaness archive or other
collection that might want this?

John Ross