----- Original Message -----
From: "Bob Olhsson" <[log in to unmask]>

Well, as a (very part-time, blues...) musician, I'm quite happy with the
first recording I cut...more than one mike, because the tech staff had no
idea how else to record a band, but still "live off the floor," done by
recording two takes of each tune and keeping the better one!

If/when I get another opportunity to record, I'd like to do one with
two mikes (one per channel), "live off the floor" and NO overdubs or
such stuff! It has always been my experience that when overdubbing
exists as a possibility, the participating musicians are ALWAYS
convinced they can redo their solo just a tiny bit better...ad
infinitum/nauseaum, if time and budget so allow...!

All the blues hits we now know and love were recorded straight
to a master (one or two tracks as needed)...if it was good enough
for them, it oughta be good enough for me, eh...?!

Steven C. Barr