We have this in our archive on a 16 inch disc with a National
Broadcasting Service label on it -
D SERIES - Talk by Bernard Shaw. In this recording, Irish playwright,
George Bernard Shaw, gives a talk on his distaste for World War Two and
its catastrophic effect on the psyche of society. He discusses the waste
of life, the process of rebuilding, and ponders the future of conflict
and civilisation.

order	disc	file			details
1	D931a	sa-d-00931-s01-pm		"Talk by Bernard Shaw"
Part 1
2	D931b	sa-d-00931-s02-pm		"Talk by Bernard Shaw"
Part 3

* Part 2 of this recording is not in the archive.

Cheers
Marie

Marie O'Connell
Analogue Tape Preservation Archivist
Sound Archives/Nga Taonga Korero
PO Box 1531
Radio New Zealand House
Level 1, 51 Chester Street West
Christchurch
Phone  +64 3 374 8443
Fax  + 64 3 374 8448
www.soundarchives.co.nz

>>> [log in to unmask] 30/01/2008 4:13 p.m. >>>
BBC Enterprises put out some of his talks on an album called "Some Of
His
Talks", and Heritage (which evolved from either Audio Rarities or Audio

Archives) had a ten-inch LP of a 1937 short wave broadcast, but I don't
think
the Linguaphone set has ever been reissued, except for a minute or so
on a
National Vocarium 78. I could be wrong.

That Linguaphone set isn't that rare..I own a copy and I've seen it on
auction
several times.

dl

Steven Smolian wrote:
> On LP on Audio Rarities, I think.  There was other material spoken by

> him on LP as well, on BBC, etc.
>
> Steve Smolian
>
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Tom Fine"

CD?