Actually just last week I purchased a 78 made in 2007 by Pasadena-based
avant-garde composer Tom Recchion. It is a limited run of 500 copies. My
copy is number 419.

 From the back cover:

"All sounds heard were generated by 78 rpm records. Either played by
multiple 78 needles through styrofoam or cardboard at the same time.
MP3's of 78 recordings stolen from the internet and as an object played
in real time-in real space. Then recorded and mixed through various
processes then miked again to achieve a desired result."

This is some EXTREMELY weird music. It makes Edgar Varese sound like
Rudy Vallee...but it is a 78 and for that reason alone I needed to take
it home and see what this guy was up to. My conclusion is that I have
absolutely no idea what this guy is up to.

The ultimate irony is that in tiny type on the rear cover it reads:

"Please do not transfer this record to any analog or digital recording
device or format."

Hmmm...

AA