Roger and Allison Kulp wrote:
> A lot of companies went back to shellac in the late 50s.I have a US ABC-Paramount 78 of "At The Hop",on porous vinyl,lousy pressing,but fairly rare on a US 78.

And common as dirt on Canadian 78..I could probably produce 6 copies by
tomorrow morning.
> Some of those late 40s/early 50s promo 78s are literally on paper thin vinyl.Can't recall if it was RCA or Columbia,that was the worst.

RCA made the wafer thin promo 78s..for Mercury as well. But I find they've held
up well. Re my earlier statement about shellac Mercury 78s from the 50s, these
were pressed by RCA, not Columbia as I suggested at the time.

Incidentally, I just acquired a vinyl promo..thin pressing by Columbia, on the
MYSTERY label. "The Moon is Blue" b/w I Love Paris, by THE MYSTERY BAND, made
by Hollis Music Inc, NY. Any idea who this is? The words "Bob Dewey
(Lombardo?)" are written on the envelope. This normally wouldn't mean much
except the envelope is a Recordvelope, which was used by radio stations.

dl