Greetings,

  My name is Jeff Shucard. I'm a jazz musician/writer living in Vancouver, B.C. I'm doing research for what I hope will be an authoritative piece on Jimmy Durante's early career in the New York music scene that I am co writing with the jazz historian, Mark Berrisford. As a pianist, band leader and composer, Durante recorded between 1918 - 1923. He also, I believe, "moonlighted" as the pianist on the 1959 Audio Fidelity LP # 1909 titled, EDDIE JACKSON! The problem is the band is not credited other than being called, "his Dixielanders".  If anyone can possibly direct me to an informational source for the musicians who performed on this recording I would be most appreciative and very grateful as this information would greatly help in completing my research and resolve some nagging questions in the scholarship of early jazz.

  Sincerely Yours,

  Jeff Shucard

 All new Yahoo! Mail -