From: Rebecca S. Guenther [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Thursday, January 10, 2008 5:08 PM
To: [log in to unmask]; H�vard Hjulstad
Subject: ISO 639-2 Language Code Change Request (fwd)

Here is a request for an additional language name. According to the Ethnologue entry for France, Alsatian is a dialect of Alemannic (Swiss German).  So an entry for Alsatian would properly belong in the part of
ISO-639 for dialects. Do you want to respond to the person? Or do you think we need to discuss this in the JAC?