Online holdings of 10 institutions - a streaming video
Find a link at the bottom of this email for an informative 17-minute streaming video about public access into the holdings of some of North America's largest archival institutions, including California State Archives and the City of Toronto Archives, as well as some very creative smaller sites such as Avid Center and Humanities Tennessee.
You will follow the seamless link from their website into their public search windows. Interesting features you will see include:
Just follow this link for entry into the streaming video. It is a relaxing 17 minutes packed with good ideas.
- The ability to mash-up historic sites with Google Maps
- Simple Google-type searches for novice users.
- Searches with multiple prompts for advanced users.
- Installations for small institutions as well as very large.
- EAD published with a few clicks of the mouse.
- HTML pages showing all the levels of a record group.
- Published HTML indexes into the database and available to the search engines.
- Institutions using the software as a service and others hosting it on their own server.
- A variety of attached content: PDFs, photographs and other formats.
- High resolution images rendered as thumbnails as well as full size and, optionally, protected by watermarks.
- The ability to quickly request reference services by automatic email.
Merv Richter, President
Eloquent Systems Inc.
[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]