Thank you very much for the clarifications.

An additional question: the possibility that the relation between a macrolanguage and its more granular entities can be reversed due to ethnographical, sociopolitical, war or other reasons.

How can “integrity” of a code element over time be guaranteed under such circumstances?

Do we have the datamodel, which provides transparency and conversion mechanisms (also being upward and downward compatible), for such and maybe other complicated situations/developments?

Rgds

Christian

Dr. Christian Galinski, Director
Infoterm - International Information
Centre for Terminology
Mariahilfer Strasse 123/3,
A-1060 Vienna, Austria
T:+43-664-344 6181 - F:+43-1-524 0606-99
[log in to unmask] - http://www.infoterm.info
Founded in 1971 by UNESCO to promote and organize
co-operation in the field of terminology worldwide
THIS E-MAIL HAS BEEN SCANNED FOR ALL KNOWN VIRUSES