While I was processing an audio collection, I asked the listserv if there is
an EAD to MODS crosswalk. No one replied. The reason I asked was exactly
because of this item level description so important for items such as unique
audio recordings. In the end, I encoded the finding aid using EAD, without
getting into specific tracks (you can check it out at:
http://www.creativeaudioarchive.org/links). I would agree with Amanda that
implementing MODS would be a much more streamlined process in
cataloging/processing/describing individual tracks on a digital/analog sound
carrier. If you use EAD, you might consider using a <c0> wrapper with item
level for each track and then a <scopecontent> nested within your <c0> to
further contextualize the recording or its representation.

I would like to see a related encoding between MODS and EAD if that is
possible. Don't know if it would be redundant given MARC 21 and DC are
already part and parcel, but it would give EAD an added functionality,
especially as MODS is utilized readily in the digital and hybrid
environments.

I would assume that

--
Never be afraid to laugh at yourself, after all, you could be missing out on
the joke of the century.