While I was processing an audio collection, I asked the listserv if there is an EAD to MODS crosswalk. No one replied. The reason I asked was exactly because of this item level description so important for items such as unique audio recordings. In the end, I encoded the finding aid using EAD, without getting into specific tracks (you can check it out at: http://www.creativeaudioarchive.org/links). I would agree with Amanda that implementing MODS would be a much more streamlined process in cataloging/processing/describing individual tracks on a digital/analog sound carrier. If you use EAD, you might consider using a <c0> wrapper with item level for each track and then a <scopecontent> nested within your <c0> to further contextualize the recording or its representation.

I would like to see a related encoding between MODS and EAD if that is possible. Don't know if it would be redundant given MARC 21 and DC are already part and parcel, but it would give EAD an added functionality, especially as MODS is utilized readily in the digital and hybrid environments.

I would assume that