On Sat, 2008-04-26 at 13:59 -0400, MicheleR wrote:

> Moving outside the US, the UK's Archives Hub is a terrific example which
> allows searching on quite a few EAD elements:
>
> http://www.archiveshub.ac.uk/advanced.shtml

I work on the software that supports the Archives Hub, so thanks for the
compliment :)

In case anyone is interested, the system is based on a distributed
architecture, with a number of contributing organizations hosting their
own EAD catalogues/search engines for their own staff and readers. The
central service cross-searches all of these and combines the results for
the end user.

This repository search engine is available to download for free, and can
be customized to allow searching by additional tags. It also supports
searching within EAD finding aids, and access to by SRU, Z39.50 and OAI-
PMH.

http://www.cheshire3.org/download/ead/

Hope this has been of interest.

John

--
              '.    ,'.         John Harrison
             '  `  '  '         University of Liverpool Library