Hi Everyone -

   Please join us for the next in our regular monthly series of free
   Department of the Interior Library Park Ranger Speaker Series lectures,
   "The Equestrian Statues of Washington, DC" on Tuesday, April 15th from
   1:00 - 1:45 pm in the Department of the Interior Library, part of our
   National Library Week celebration during the week of April 14th through
   18th.

   Monumental bronze equestrian statues dominate prime real estate and
   public space in Washington, DC.  Most of these impressive works of art
   celebrate the accomplishments and military prowess of American and
   International war heroes.  Legends and myths persist as to their
   significance and symbolism, but the grandeur and elegance that these
   statues contribute to the landscape of the nation’s capital cannot be
   disputed.

   Please join Nan Morrison of the Bureau of Land Management for a
   discussion of some of these grand, bronze messengers of the past and the
   contribution of the horse to western civilization.  Nan Morrison was the
   BLM’s Special Projects Liaison for the Lewis and Clark Bicentennial and
   is coordinator for the President’s national volunteer initiative, "Take
   Pride in America."  As an artist, Morrison conducts a wide variety of
   art and architecture tours and lectures in the Washington area.

   All are welcome to attend, government and general public.  The
   Department of the Interior Library is located in the Main Interior
   Building, located at 1849 C Street, NW, Room 1151 in Washington.   Space
   is limited so please contact the Library by phone at (202) 208-5815 or
   by e-mail at [log in to unmask] to let us know you will be coming.  For
   more information about future DOI Library Park Ranger Speaker Series
   programs, we encourage you to visit our Park Ranger Speaker Series
   website at http://library.doi.gov/programs/speaker/index.html.

   We hope to see you here on April 15th!

   George Franchois
   Coordinator of Library Services