 I think it has possibilities...)

Of course, much depends on how much time/effort/money you want to expend on XML encoding the information...if you're interested keep an eye out for when the EAC schema is officially released...

Michele

At 08:37 AM 6/11/2008 +0200, Gijsbert Kruithof wrote:

Apart from our finding aids in EAD the National Archive in the Netherlands
also has about 300 indexes, cardboxes and databases.

-----Original Message-----
From: Kate Bowers
Sent: Wed 6/11/2008 1:18 PM

We have a different situation, however, with a card index that indexes
persons and topics across a number of record groups of University records
up to 1850.  Is this latter scenario the one you are asking about?  I have
not attempted to encode this.  The cards are handwritten and thus do not
lend themselves easily to low-cost transcription, although I would very
much like to have them transcribed.  I suspect I would either not use EAD
or use some very unorthodox EAD encoding for this data.