Hello to everyone
Please allow me to transmit to the list a request from a young archivist, Tifenn Hamonic.
F. Queyroux
Bibliothèque de l'Institut de France

"Good morning,
As a student of the Ecole nationale des chartes (Paris), I'm actually carrying
out  the Catalogue of the archives of archaeology kept at the Institut de
France (Paris). In this purpose, the description of archives has been encoded
in xml using the dtd ead. Then, these files were loaded into the software
Pleade 3.
The project has a difficulty that I would like to submit to you. We want to
make the files available both in English and French.  Each description has
to refer to the same
description in the other language. I wonder which tag(s) should be used to
make
links between the French and English versions.
More generally, I would be very interested to learn about any fully bilingual finding aids and the ways the encoding has been done and the search interface programmed.
Can you please enlighten me on this
subject?

Thank you in advance for your help.
Tifenn Hamonic
Master II, Histoire et nouvelles technologies
Ecole nationale des chartes