Please pardon the cross posting

Science Fiction and Fantasy: Looking at Information Technology and the
Information Rights of the Individual

Speakers: Cory Doctorow, Tor Books; Eric Flint, Baen Books; Vernor
Vinge, Tor Books; Brandon Sanderson, Tor Books

Saturday, June 28th 4-5:30pm

Anaheim Convention Center 304 A/B
Note the time change from our traditional slot, but also note that
we've got a convenient Convention Center location!

Distinguished science fiction and fantasy authors will discuss the
visionary nature of their craft, how speculative literature suggests
new ideas and technologies, and the possible impacts these
developments could have on society in the future. This year's authors
are Cory Doctorow, Eric Flint, Vernor Vinge and Brandon Sanderson,
experts in the field of information technology, access to information,
and the rights of individuals, along with just being really good
authors. Come to listen, ask questions, and enjoy!

And for those interested in becoming members of LITA's Imagineering
Interest Group, we'll be having our annual meeting on:

Monday, June 30th, 8am Hilton Anaheim Balboa B

Or you can contact Cara Kinsey at [log in to unmask]

Please pass this on to anyone you know who might be interested.

--
Jessica E. Moyer, M.S., C.A.S.
Doctoral Student, Literacy Education