Hello,
Here's another program that we do via webconference.  Please distribute as you see fit.
Many thanks,
Judy Graves

Declaring Independence: Beyond the Fourth of July

Everybody knows we celebrate the 4th of July because that's the day we declared independence. But there's more to the Declaration of Independence story than just one day or even just one document.  Join Library of Congress librarians who will show the Declaration of Independence as it evolved from an idea to an event, looking, with participants, at a variety of drafts and editions of the Declaration and related documents.

When:  Wednesday, July 9, 2:00 - 3:00 p.m. (Eastern Daylight Time), 1:00-2:00 p.m. Central Time

NOTE:  Allow yourself time to download the small software plugin needed to participate in the conference.  Depending on your network security requirements, you may need assistance from your local technical support group to download and install the plugin.  Actual installation should be very quick, depending on your computer and connectivity.  All that is needed is a computer with an Internet connection, sound card, and speakers.  A microphone will enable you to speak to the group.

To attend, go to OPAL at http://www.opal-online.org/.  From the Quick Links column on the left, choose Auditorium.

1. Click the "Download Here" gray button in the light blue rectangle in the center of the screen.
2. Follow the directions to download and install the plugin.
3. Click the link in the orange rectangle to enter the room.
4. A gray box will appear with text asking permission to launch an external application, web conference plugin.  When the grayed out text "Launch application" becomes black, click the Launch application button.
5. Type your name (no password is required) and click "Log on" to enter the online conference.