Were  first JATP releases on Mercury? I have a Fall 1946 Disc Catalog
that includes about half a dozen Norman Granz productions, including
"Jazz at the Philharmonic--Vol 2" (Disc Album 501) and several other
"-- at the Philharmonic" items. There's no "Vol. 1" in the catalog,
which suggests that it might have been issued by somebody else. I
don't think Moe Asch ever took anything out of his catalog voluntarily.

Disc was Moe Asch's label before he established Folkways. At some
point, he went into a partnership with Stinson, which led to many of
the early "Folksay" things appearing on both labels after they split
apart. There were several JATP releases on Stinson, probably with
some of the same material as the Norgran/Verve titles.

How did Disc and Stinson fit into the release history of the JATP recordings?

John Ross