After digging around on the Internet and skimming through "Making
People's Music; Moe Asch and Folkways Records," by Peter Goldsmith, I
think I have reconstructed the JATP release history:

o       Volume 1 was released on Asch-Stinson from recordings of the
1944 JATP concert(s). Stinson continued to release their version into
at least the 1960s.
o       After Asch split from Stinson (in 1946?), Granz continued to
provide additional JATP material to Asch and his Disc label. Disc
issue Volumes 2 - 5 plus some other items identified as "JATP."
o       In the spring of 1947, Granz's contract with Disc ended, but
Moe Asch continued to release the JATP material. It took several
years for Granz to get the masters from Disc.
o       Around 1949, Granz licensed the JATP rights to Mercury.
o       In the meantime, Granz established his own label, which
ultimately changed names from Clef to NorGran to Verve. When the
Mercury licenses ran out (1952?), he re-issued the JATP masters on Clef.

John Ross