I was sent some early 50s Soundcraft lacquers to transfer, and after I cleaned
off the palmitic acid these were very clean..except that one disc seems to have
come into contact with glue or corn syrup or some other substance which has
spread over the first two minutes in one area. The stuff is hard, not sticky,
and is in a lace-like pattern, not a solid glob, and it plays through (and will
probably scrape off but I'd rather not do that to the grooves). Any suggestions
that don't involve ordering a special product and waiting for its arrival?
GooGone? Lighter fluid? Once again, the stuff isn't sticky.

dl