Joyce--

We tried that and it looked fine, then we saved the record. But when we re-opened it, the field had reverted back to right-to-left reading order. Puzzling.

--Rick

From: Program for Cooperative Cataloging [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Joyce E. Bell
Sent: Thursday, July 17, 2008 4:59 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [PCCLIST] Non-Latin references - 670 display with Arabic characters

I imagine your display issue is caused because the field is reading right-to-left.  You can make the 670 display “properly” in OCLC by changing the directionality of that particular field.  One way to do this is to right-click in the field, then choose Right-to-Left Reading Order to remove the check mark.  The field will switch so that the title appears first.

…and I’m tickled pink that your example is one of our first script records!

Joyce Bell

Cataloging & Metadata Services Director

Princeton University Library