At 07:14 PM 2008-08-15, Craig Breaden wrote:
>Bob, you may be right.  Perhaps a comparison of free (or bundled)
>softwares is in order to see how quality of the output WAV varies.
>This information could then be passed on to archives who could use it.

I would hope that if you're doing straight transfers that the quality
of the WAV wouldn't vary among these applications as the application
only should get involved if you're changing levels, EQ, etc. The A-D
converter should set the quality of the initial WAV, but once you
normalize the signal or do fades, then there might be differences.