At 10:19 AM 2008-08-20, Jerry Hartke wrote:

>Store-and-forget just does not work.

And...while that was the model in the analog days, we are seeing that
while it worked reasonably well short-term, it is not working well
long term for analog due to:
--physical carrier degradation
--limited options for new/refurbished reproducers
--damage to/deterioration of the magnetic record.

And...we might also suggest that even if the storage model is robust
(many will argue it isn't), access is slow and costly.

Cheers,

Richard