David Lennick wrote:
 > > Best place would be the back of one of the old albums, where they
listed available recordings in lieu of liner notes

 > From just such an album as I mentioned, which may have been used in
Canada only

Why bother re-inventing the wheel?  There IS a discography with a
numerical listing of this and all other Mercury series.  Ruppli amd
Novitsky's "The Mercury Labels."  This 10000 series is on pages 494 thru
499 of Volume 5 and the 10-inch 15000 series is on pages 482-3.  I'm
surprised that Tom, of all people, doesn't apparently have this
discography set!  Actually, I only have volume 4 and 5 which popped up
astonishingly cheap as new loose volumes on a book site last year.   Vol
4 includes the 69-91 era and ALL the classical recordings back to the
beginning.  Vol 5 is the numerical listings and artist index.  So if I
had to have only two of the five, those were the best to find.  I'll be
glad to provide Tom with photocopies of these pages, as keyboarding all
of this on the list would be very time and bandwidth consuming.

Mike Biel  [log in to unmask]