David Lennick wrote:

> The version shown in the 1963 catalog was probably the standard one by
> that time, but Angel (and Westminster) issued albums in "thrift"
> editions with generic covers as well as the more elaborate ones. I don't
> know why anyone ever thought that was a good idea.

Anyone with a tight budget and broad taste can answer that one. <G>

Seriously, the buck-a-disc saving mattered to many (including me) during
that period. Similarly, many chose to save a dollar by buying monaural
where stereo did not seem to add much.

My LP library is well supplied with bargain versions and monaurals where
stereo was available.

Mike
http://www.mrichter.com/