Steve Abrams wrote:
> There is
> little stereo information in the Beecham.  The program is short on
> detail and ignores the Bell Tel experiments.

I'm beginning to think that there may be phasing errors in the Beecham
recordings, because they also sound mono in the excerpt given in the EMI
100th anniversary box set. And I did everything I could think of to
bring out any hint of stereo: inverting the phase on one channel,
reversing channels, turning my speakers upside down....(well, okay...)

It puzzles me, because I have gotten some very clear,
excellent-placement stereo ensemble recordings using both X-Y and M-S
Blumlein configurations. I wonder if Blumlein's mic pair was simply too
far away; there will be a point past which, as you go farther back, the
stereo effect diminishes because room reflection mixes the sound for you.

MS