Hi:

  Suppose we used codes to disambiguate and distinguish authors rather than
dates, e.g. workletters: "Smith, John, $z A", "Smith, John, $z B", Smith,
John, $z AA", etc.?  The idea, after all, is simply to create unique
headings, and people browsing unique heading lists are not really
interested in the birth-dates themselves.  Would also save a lot of effort
hunting for qualifying data.

  Pre-Friday thought: East Indian tradition seems to supply another
possibility. On a completely serious home page for an Indian scientist
(completely serious person, judging from his portrait on the page) I find:

   Date of Birth: December 3, 1972
   Date of Superannuation: July 31, 2038.

Cheers!

                                             John G. Marr
                                             Cataloger
                                             RMBA, UNMGL
                                             Univ. of New Mexico
                                             Albuquerque, NM 87131

         **"I really like to know the reasons for what I do!"**
                                             Martha Watson

Opinions belong exclusively to the individuals expressing them, but
sharing is permitted.