Hello, Doug,

I would like to suggest that the intimacy/immediacy/tension of having
to "get it right" on each and every pass had something to do with the
final product. Perhaps this is one reason why good live performances
are sometimes (often?) more interesting than over-worked
multi-tracked studio creations. While both pathways can create
excellent work, there is a difference.

My understanding was that Les never had a mega hit after he obtained
the 8-track machine, which is too bad.

I also understand that Les is still around and living in New Jersey.
You might be able to go and ask him. Please bring a recorder and do
an oral history <smile>.

Cheers,

Richard