Some of the Columbia reissues - especially the first album,  are mostly
master pressings. I think the later album is all dubs.

The Biltmores are definitely all bootleg dubs.

Dave W.
----------------------

Hi All:

I am interested in details about two Bix Beiderbecke reissue 78's.

First of all, the albums put out by Columbia in the late 40's, reissues of
Okeh records -- were
those made from old metal parts or are they dubs of old records?

Second, what's the story on the 78's put out on the Biltmore label? These
seem to be either licensed
reissues or bootlegs of old Gennett and Victor records, of the Wolverines
and the Whiteman band.

Thanks in advance for any answers!

-- Tom Fine