Clark Johnsen wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 19, 2008 at 3:05 PM, Michael Biel <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>

>> .  And there is now confirmation that the Universal vault fire consumed the
>> entire Decca masters from the 30s thru the 50s.  Metal, tape, test
>> pressings, and paper.
>>

> Which leads one to wonder, just how safe are any of the masters? And for
> that matter, where *do* they reside?

Universal claimed that they were in the process of moving them to the
underground storage area in Iron Mountain.  That is where BMG/Sony is, I
believe.  I've always wondered how safe IT is.
> "Proliferation is preservation."
>
> clark

Tim Brooks and Sam Brylawsky are leading the charge to have this
understanding made a part of the deliberations in changing copyright laws.