If you are bringing the signal from the cartridge to your computer in
stereo, combine the signals in your computer program with the phase
reversed in ONE of the two channels. There should be some way to toggle
that choice.   If you are combining them to mono before the computer,
follow Dan Nelson's advice.  There is another factor when playing
vertical discs -- is the groove a needle-type or a sapphire-ball type.
The books I just looked at do not mention which.  If it is a
sapphire-ball type, you might need a wider stylus such as the 4 mil
truncated or even wider.  Anybody else have one of these.  Supposedly
they are all of Henry Burr hymn on one side and a Hymn Talk on the other.

Mike Biel   [log in to unmask]