[Apologies for cross-posting]

Dear Colleagues,

We would like to invite you to participate in our online survey entitled Metadata Creation and Metadata Quality Control across Digital Repositories: Evaluation of Current Practices. This project has been funded by the Institute of Museum and Library Services for a three-year period (2006-2009). Through this study, we aim to gain a better understanding of issues surrounding the metadata creation process, the employment of controlled vocabulary schemes, metadata quality control measures and new competencies and skill sets demanded from cataloging/metadata professionals in the digital era, with associated consequences to library and information science education.

We are interested in your participation because of your education and career background in cataloging and metadata.

Participation in the survey is anonymous and voluntary. If you have any questions about the survey, please contact the Principal Investigator of this study at [log in to unmask] or 215-895-1669 at any time. The survey should take approximately 25 to 30 minutes to complete.

The following link will lead you to the survey:
 https://vovici.com/wsb.dll/s/473eg2ba32

Please complete the survey by September 30, 2008. Your assistance in providing invaluable information about this topic is much appreciated.

Sincerely,

Jung-ran Park

Dr. Jung-ran Park
Assistant Professor
The iSchool at Drexel
College of Information Science and Technology
Drexel University
Email: [log in to unmask]
Phone: 215-895-1669
Fax: 215-895-2494