We're having a challenge with cyber patrons coming to our finding aids
through google searches and being confused as to what they have
reached.   We also have some very large finding aids (100+ pp.) in which
researchers loose themselves.  How have other institutions tailored
their ead style sheets, etc. to be more user-friendly within these contexts.

A colleague (w/o any EAD experience) suggested creating a pop-up window
with a message similar to "you have accessed the description of a
manuscript collection, Collection 124. Speculation Land Co. Records" and
provide an abstract of it.  Has anyone attempted something similar and
if so, how well did it work?

Thank you,

Kathy

--