Please join Katja Moos, OCLC Library Services Consultant, for a demonstration of OCLC WorldCat Local.

Where: LC Adams Bldg, FEDLINK Training Room, LA216.
When: October 1, 2008, 10:00-Noon
Registration: Please e-mail Jim Oliver, [log in to unmask], to register for either session, including contact information.
Please forward to your colleagues who might have an interest in this presentation opportunity.
I invite you to take a closer look at WorldCat Local and the benefits it can offer your library.  Your users will enjoy expanded access to library resources and you won't have to worry about costly investments in new hardware, software or staff.  More information can be found at www.oclc.org/worldcatlocal/

Why WorldCat Local?  Many library administrators are searching for a better way to increase the visibility of their collections and services while simplifying the way users discover valuable resources.  OCLC's new WorldCat Local service can help you meet these needs.

WorldCat Local highlights the resources and check-out or delivery options provided by your library, while also connecting your users with materials in other WorldCat libraries in your neighborhood, region and around the world. We can work with you to add holdings for collections that are not yet represented in WorldCat.

As a valuable member of the OCLC Cooperative, you will benefit from the experiences of several other members that have already implemented WorldCat Local.  Examples of several active sites are:

		* University of Washington Libraries:
http://www.lib.washington.edu/
		* The Ohio State University Libraries:
http://library.osu.edu/
		* State Library of Ohio: http://winslo.state.oh.us/

I look forward to seeing you at the WorldCat Local presentation at FEDLINK.  In the meantime, please feel free to contact OCLC for additional information at 888-828-3810 or [log in to unmask], or please contact me directly at 866-243-4020 or [log in to unmask]  Please do contact me, if you prefer to see WorldCat Local at a different time that
better suits your schedule, and I will be happy to accommodate
additional separate demonstrations.

Just learning about WorldCat Local? Visit the OCLC Web site at www.oclc.org/worldcatlocal/ for more information about this new service.

Sincerely,

Katja Moos