-----Original Message-----
From: "Karen D. Miller" <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 14:13:51 -0500
Subject: Re: Not very good question about corpname

I found a list of recommended source attributes for <controlaccess>
subelements for names in the LC Best Practices guidelines:

http://www.loc.gov/ead/practices/lcp2002.html#p3.5.3.2a

and, indeed, the recommended attribute for Library of Congress Authority
Files is "lcnaf". There is also a list of attributes for sources for subject
headings on this page, under section 3.3.2.5.  Section 3.3.2.1, the general
overview for <controlaccess> gives a fuller list:

aat, cdwa, dot, gmgpc, lcnaf, lcsh, lctgm, local, mesh, mim, ncarules, nmc,
rbgenr, tgn, ulan

The Best Practices guidelines are difficult to navigate to on the LC site;
I've had this one bookmarked for a long time, but when I tried to navigate
to it, I had to use the search box at www.loc.gov/ead. But there is a pdf
version dated 2008 at

http://www.loc.gov/rr/ead/lcp/lcp.pdf

Best regards,