Kate,
         Terry Reese at Oregon State University has the most
experience with customizing CONTENTdm for finding aids.  Penn State
will is customizing it for our finding aids, but is taking an
innovative approach that searches our data rather than the EAD
documents.  Claremont College tried to use CONTENTdm, but I beleive
they moved away from it.  Also, CONTENTdm will release version 5.0 in
the near future, which is based on a very different search model.
Doris