Just wanted to add one thing: If you are using the "authorized" form of
a name, from the Library of Congress authority file...

http://authorities.loc.gov/

...then you'd use "lcnaf" in the SOURCE attribute. But if you get the
name in the LC *bibliographic* file of books, recordings, archival
collections, etc., etc...

http://catalog.loc.gov/

...the name may or may not be the "authorized" version. If you don't
find the name in the authority file, what we did at the Northwest
Digital Archives (NWDA) — and I'm guessing they still do — was leave
the SOURCE attribute blank but use "AACR2" or "DACS" in the RULES
attribute — making sure to follow those rules, of course! If you're
not sure if the name you have follows the rules for formulating names in
AACR2 or DACS, it might be best to leave both attributes blank.

Here's what the EAD version 2002 Tag Library says about personal names
and name attributes:

http://www.loc.gov/ead/tglib/elements/persname.html

You can also check the Tag Library about other types of names - a good
place to start is
http://www.loc.gov/ead/tglib/elements/controlaccess.html

Names are not easy (and I've been a librarian for a frighteningly long
time)!

Best,

Marsha Maguire
Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division
Library of Congress
Packard Campus
19053 Mount Pony Rd.
Culpeper, VA 22701--7551
202-707-8465

My opinions are my own and not necessarily those of the Library of
Congress.