-----Original Message-----
> From: Encoded Archival Description List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Mark Carlson
>
> You could try parsing it with an earlier version of Saxon, like 6.5.5 to
> see if that will work for you.

Done that, hundreds of times :)  Saxon Version 6.5.3 is what we've been using for 2-3 years -- the style sheet has always worked fine with that version and still does.  When I take an EAD and our style sheet and run it through using 6.5.3, the <meta tags are present in the output.  When I take the same EAD and the same style file and run it through using 9.1.0.2 (the latest Saxon) the <meta tags are not present in the output.

Michele

Michele Combs
Manuscripts Librarian
Special Collections Research Center