Karen Weaver wrote:
> Are schools offering separate metadata courses now, and if so what else are
> they teaching besides the Dublin Core scheme , are we teaching EAD, VRA etc
> in them also?

The metadata class I lead, devised as a kind of introduction to the
nuts-and-bolts of the genre, covers Dublin Core, VRA, TEI, and EAD with
a side (read: review) of MARC.  I also bring up other metadata issues
such as thesaurus development.  My predecessor included some information
on GIS and perhaps one other scheme, but my memory is a bit fuzzy in
this regard.

--
Mark K. Ehlert           MINITEX
Assistant Librarian      30 Wilson Library