Amanda:

You may find this a useful template, though obviously you may have to
make some changes to specifics to fit your local file system and ID scheme:

http://atlantides.org/trac/pleiades/browser/BibIt/trunk/mods-splitout.xsl

Note that this requires a transform engine that is XSL-2 capable (so if
bundled with Oxygen, Saxon B).

Best,
Tom

--