From: Program for Cooperative Cataloging [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
Behalf Of Greg Smith
Sent: Wednesday, October 29, 2008 11:38
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [PCCLIST] subject term -- physics history

 Meghan--
We do have  Institutions (Philosophy) . So by analogy I would propose
that
the simplest solution would be:
Institutions (Physics) -- History.
You might also do:  Libraries and institutions -- History -- Physics  or
Libraries and institutions -- Physics -- History
Or even    Libraries and institutions (Physics) -- History
My impression is that this L & I heading is for materials related to
libraries and their interactions with other kinds of institutions, but,
in a
primitive sense, that is what you are doing here -- cobbling together
libraries and institutions of various kinds.
Mind you, Meghan, I have no first hand experience with this question. I
am
only taking a shot using the printed LCSH.
-- Greg Smith, Mercer County community College    609-570-3556